I know everyone had a rough night for Hell In A Cell and Raw, but I want to focus on the positive stories and matches that happened this week in wrestling.
- Kabuki Warriors getting a win over Charlotte and Becky was huge. The women’s tag division was dead in the water and Kabuki Warriors have really revived it. I love these ladies as heels and really looking forward to their run. I am a huge fan of Joshi/japanese wrestling and I would love to see WWE book these talents in the correct way.
- As far as wrestling quality goes I thought Natalya VS Lacey was a great match. Storytelling wise I am not invested into these two characters feuding, but I loved the match.
- So far I have not got invested into AEW, but what I have liked is Riho. I am a huge fan of Riho and very excited to see who she feuds with and where her storytelling goes next. I am also a huge fan of Sammy, I have been following his wrestling journey for a couple years now and it is really cool to see him on live TV every week.
- I really loved Smackdown this week. The first match to start off the night was a really good match. Rollins and Roman have this in ring chemistry that is just fire. I really liked the match, but I didn’t feel a need for the Fiend to interfere. Roman getting pinned or rolled up by Seth wouldn’t hurt him. The Fiend is now on Smackdown which hopefully separates him and Rollins which I would like. The thing is The Fiend is supposed to be an attraction, I really think he should of gone undrafted and been a free agent. It would give that surprise element.
- I enjoyed the Mysterio/Cain/Brock segment. Heyman is always good at cutting promos and I did like Cain speaking in spanish. I thought Mysterio was also really great here. I am really looking forward to the story between these two. I know a lot of people have been critical of Cain and think he cannot wrestle, but dude has been amazing in AAA. I think a lot of you will be surprised.
- Really good tag team action between the OC and New Day. Even though Kofi has been WWE champion for a long time until last week, I was surprised AJ took the pin until my brother reminded me Kofi just lost the title. I personally would of kept Kofi off TV for a little bit, But I’m all for Kofi having a feud with AJ Styles.
- Bayley turning full heel and becoming dark Bayley is the story of the week. Not going to like hell in a cell and raw were both very cold shows and I do not say that often. This Bayley turn needed to happen, we needed a story to end this week. Bayley winning back the smackdown championship and having a new look was everything I needed this week. I have been a huge Bayley fan since before she was in NXT. I have always had a special place in my heart for Bayley and Sasha. To me this lines up the perfect story of dark Bayley vs babyface Sasha Banks for wrestlemania. Tonight this moment meant everything to me with all the bad booking Bayley has had to unnecessary negative fan reaction, to the women’s tag titles being treated like nothing, to everyone forgetting about Bayley. Tonight was perfect. In the last 10 years all of wrestling has losts its identity for wrestling as far as storytelling goes. Tonight was perfect.