Natty Insight: What all wrestling shows have been missing in the last 10 years has been how to start off the show and how to end the show. Sure the stuff in the middle during Raw was some filler, but the beginning and end of show were amazing.
- Seth Rollins has been improving and establishing himself is the greatest wrestler in the world more and more every single show. Rollins has always been my favorite, but I do see the talk on social media. The talk that Rollins shouldn’t beat Brock or be the one to face Brock, I saw a lot of that hate and still do. You have got to be blind if you are not impressed with everything Rollins has done not only on the mic and in the ring, but to Brock. Who would have ever thought that Brock would be the second star compared to Rollins, not many. Rollins really sculptured this show for me. With his fire insults and promo on Zayne, Owens and Corbin, along with having an incredible match with Owens to main event.
- Miz TV was alright, but what I really enjoyed was the tag team match. Miz Braun and Ricochet against Joe, Lashley and Cesaro was amazing wrestling. It really got me to think about Joe and who would be a good opponent for him to face. Honestly Braun VS. Joe would be a great big man feud, but wrestling quality wise may not add much. I feel Ricochet is ready and you can make it a fatal 4-way or triple threat, but it’s time to put some gold on Ricochet.
- Another good wrestling match on Raw was Revival VS. Usos VS. Hawkin and Ryder. I enjoyed this match, yes they have had way better matches but I thought this was good way to put Usos in the driver seat to chase the tag titles and win them at Summerslam.
- This 24-7 title stuff I absolutely love. Besides Rollins, this was my favorite segment on the show. Them being stuck in an elevator just talking about life and funny things, just had me going. R-Truth is so good at what he does and so far I have loved his story along with Carmella.
- Speaking of Carmella she had a good match on Smackdown with Sonya. I know I get in my feelings a lot about the blonde white females and how WWE loves to push those girl, but Carmella has improved in ring as well as Liv and the heat they get online is not valid. Sonya in my eyes is a future star and I prefer seeing Mandy in the role as the heel manager over a wrestler.
- Great promo by New Day and Owens, Sami and Ziggler on Smackdown. Big E really brings that fire back to New Day and his promo defending Kofi was really great. Sami is good at playing the heel in promos while Ziggler has just been amazing, I like his character change. The entire promo told a really good story, I liked it a lot. The match itself was very good as well. Love all these guys!
- Nikki Cross and Bayley had a really good wrestling match. The match wasn’t necessarily long but they worked with the time they had and very well. This was my favorite women’s match in weeks, I really enjoyed it. I also just love how Bayley keeps adding more to her wrestling moveset, she is always improving I love that.
- They are trying to make Lars come across as this monster, but it is just not working. Him squashing Lucha Houseparty isn’t doing much for either side. Maybe throwing Lars some enhancement talent until he can improve in ring and on mic would be the best option at this point. To me he doesn’t come across as a monster when he should be.
- Can this Lacey and Becky feud just end, please. I don’t know how the women’s division all throughout 2018 was at its peek and now we are getting inexperienced wrestlers facing talent like Becky Lynch and Bayley. Bayley taking the pin in her hometown bothered me. The match quality besides Bayley having some cool spots was not great. We are back in this stigma of the white blondes with athletic and modeling experience are facing the actual wrestlers, lets just hope we don’t repeat the divas era. It’s almost like the women’s division needs some new talents from NXT to just debut and spice things up, kind of like what Riott Squad did at one point when they debuted.
- I know a lot of people have said Firefly funhouse has been their favorite part of Raw this last month, but for me it hasn’t. I don’t find it funny or entertaining. I respect Bray and think his ideas are interesting and that he is very talented, but this just isn’t for me.
- I like the Miz, but him facing Elias, then Drew, then Shane kind of just felt like burying Miz. Shane has been a good heel and Drew with him is good, but it just needs a new feel.
- Tag team division on Smackdown is a bit of a mess right now. Not high on heavy machinery, there comedy I am not into. I also don’t feel Daniel Bryan and Royan fit being tag team champions right now, maybe if they had actual competition I would feel it more.